Fredrick James Accounting Tax And Consulting - I Paid $7500 For Tax Prep, All I Got Were Invoices totalling $9800

1.3
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I hired Fredrick Fredrick James Accounting Tax & Consulting of Clearwater Fl, to do a few years of Tax returns. They told me the fee would be $7500.

And they asked that I pay them upfront. They seem legit, so I paid them, and I started working with them on my 2016 tax return. I'm a single guy, work from home, and have no employees. After filling out a spreadsheet they gave me, they told me that they were ready for me to look at the final draft.

But, I was told to call the office, because they needed an additional deposit before we could continue. I was puzzled, because I paid them a huge deposit upfront, and I was under the impression that I had paid in full, but when I called, I was told that they needed another $4500 to continue, and it was going to cost $18,000 more to finish the other returns! I could have went to H&R Block and got everything done for a fraction of what they charge. I told them no way, and I wanted my money back.

Fred Daus the owner called me, and he said that I wasn't getting any money back, and they were done with my account. He texted me later saying that I was going to get another invoice for $2300 more. Can you believe it?

I got nothing for my $7500 but an invoice, and they expect me to pay $2300 more. I got scammed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Fredrick James Accounting Tax And Consulting Tax Return.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Lied to me, Scammed me, Ripped me off.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 29, 2017.

Comments

SwankyCaracal713

Please take notice that an action has been initiated in the Circuit Court of the Sixth Judicial Circuit in and for Pinellas County, Florida, 14250 49th Street, North Clearwater, FL 33762, case number 17005031-CI, due to allegedly false statements made by the user who wrote the review. In the Action, Plaintiff seeks to subpoena the records of PissedConsumer/Consumer Opinion for your identifying contact information.

Plaintiff will serve a subpoena on PissedConsumer/Consumer Opinion LLC, the company that owns and operates this website, to reveal your identity. If you intend to file and serve a response, please do so or notify us of your intent to do so, on or before September 26, 2018, via email to cle2018Ohio@gmail.com.

Tampa, Florida, United States #1355909

I've heard similar things about them. My friend wasn't happy when she got the bill, they collect money upfront, then they told her that they needed more money to continue. She ended up paying hundreds more than they quoted her